Get Your People to Want to Be Accountable
Attend a Core Strengths Accountability workshop to learn how to build a proactive culture of accountability in your teams!
It sounds like a big promise, doesn’t it?
We wouldn’t make it if we didn’t already have 43 years of proof (and results) with more than 2 million people in thousands of organizations.
“Core Strengths is foundational to our leadership and career development programs. Our managers are excited by what they learn, and are eager to use the tools and resources. The improvement in working relationships and communication have led to increased accountability, collaboration and innovation.”
–Tim Perlick, Sr. Director, Professional Development, CME Group (Chicago Mercantile Exchange)
Core Strengths Accountability helps managers and organizations be more productive in high-stakes workplace situations.
Watch a short highlight video
Today’s Reality? Managers can’t make people accountable.
That’s right – true accountability is a choice. People choose to hold themselves accountable — to take personal responsibility for their actions. In the past, accountability was all about techniques for getting their people to do things. But these techniques don’t always connect. In fact, they tend to generate nothing more than compliance – not a true sense of ownership and real accountability. Today, managers need people to take ownership for producing results. That’s where Core Strengths comes in. Our training helps managers create a culture of accountability in teams.
Equip managers to succeed. Give them the tools to take initiative, innovate, and make smart decisions. Give them the Core Strengths Accountability advantage.
Core Strengths Accountability begins by integrating three business priorities:
- People – helping and developing others
- Performance – directing action and achieving results
- Process – establishing clear and meaningful order
“A large bank was concerned that its managers weren’t being accountable for problems in their branches. They were referring too many interpersonal conflicts to Human Resources. Core Strengths Accountability training improved their interpersonal skill ratings by 67%. Additionally, a subsequent study showed that these managers cut the amount of time they spent dealing with conflict by 25%. When the managers chose to take accountability for their high-stake situations, they not only improved real-time results, they also cut their employee turnover rate in half.”
-Case Study: International Society for Performance Improvement
What you’ll learn:
In this action-oriented half-day workshop, you’ll discover how to:
- Create a proactive culture of “accountability by choice” in your team.
- Draw from 28 strengths to generate the right business results in high-stakes situations.
- Analyze your results from our award-winning assessments—including the Strength Deployment Inventory—to understand how to best deploy your own strengths.
“I’m constantly impressed by Core Strengths Accountability — both the content, and the ease with which it is delivered. It leverages the power of deep accountability, and puts that insight to work in the daily choices our managers make.”
–Debra LaCroix, Learning & Development, Princess Cruises
How you’ll learn:
Core Strengths Accountability Workshops help you transform powerful new concepts into swift, effective action through:
- Interactive lessons on how to assess a business situation and select the right strengths to deploy
- Provocative discussions with peers about common stumbling blocks and strategies for overcoming them
- State-of-the-art tools such as the Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) and the Strengths Portrait
- Action-learning exercises that let you practice the skills essential for Accountability by Choice
You’ll leave the session with the knowledge and skills critical for addressing your highest-stakes workplace situations—including an action plan tailored to a specific situation you’re facing. Your plan will detail:
- What’s happening in the situation and how to achieve your goals
- Who your stakeholders are and what motivates them
- What strengths you need to deploy with your stakeholders to create the best possible outcomes
- Your personal Accountability by Choice 90-day strategy
Requiring just four hours of your time, Core Strengths Accountability workshops deliver a huge payoff—translating into maximum ROI.
“Core Strengths Accountability has made a difference in our organization. Managers are using strength-based skills in their coaching conversations, and reporting they are more effective than ever before.”
–Jonathan McGrael, Sales Director, Arbor Pharmaceutical
Put Your Plan Into Action
All managers complete an in-class action plan that prepares them to apply the skill of choosing the right strengths in a high-stakes situation at work. This brings the learning to life by connecting key concepts from the training with real-world challenges from a familiar and time-sensitive context. Not only are managers encouraged to put their new insights to an immediate test, but they are also given a clear and repeatable process to follow in other situations, thus making Core Strengths Accountability sustainable long after the initial classroom experience.